Monday, August 28, 2006

How to Approach the Garden

Ok, I come back from vacation and there are a lot of weeds in the garden...now we had a sever weed problem in the yard as well and I didn't know what to do but since we don't have something that can sprinkle weed killer in the yard, had to bury my head in the sand about that....then we spent a lot just to dig up the edges of the backyard so I can have my garden....I have a flower garden, veggie garden and herbs...although I don't have much herbs.....the veggies are doing good...I am getting cukes and tomotoes but I am only getting cherry tomatoes and not the bigger ones....the bean plants are eaten up and not fruiting..the okra plants are very tall but not yet fruiting.....the lettuce is coming good and the cilantro is coming good just like the chives and the cabbage is now coming....the bell pepper plants are doing good but not fruiting yet....

I am going to do part two to talk about the flower garden....

1 comment:

domestika said...

Your weed problem sounds like my weed problem - some years, it just seems to get away on you, right? Best thing to do is make sure to cut or pull the weeds before they set seed, or they'll just come back to haunt you next year!

Okra... I've never really found a way to prepare and serve it that could make me too excited about the taste. You must have some much better okra recipes than me!