Saturday, June 24, 2006

We Are In The Month Of The Rose.....

I am having some luck with my gardening this year and I didn't have to plant the rose bush since it has been there a while....I just love roses and now I wish I clipped some roses off the bush since they have mostly whithered now...

I belong to a gardening forum and they have blogs there too and I also read other gardening blogs on the Internet and I happen upon this one blog located at flowershop.com .

I learned over there that June is National Rose Month. According to this flower shop blog there is no other flower as well known or that has so much history and meaning attached to it. We all know that red roses mean love, but did I learned from reading this blog that if one presents a red and white rose together it symbolizes “unity?” Make it pink and white and it means “I love you and always will.” Now let's figure where does this come from? In reality the local florist does not make this stuff up. These meanings have been around for centuries. The “language of flowers” took off during Victorian times. Dictionaries were then published to allow people to “read the bouquet” they had just received. Any florist will say that one of the most popular questions is “what does a certain color mean?” Here is a short list of some popular colors and their Victorian meanings. Red stands for Passionate Love; Yellow means Unfaithfulness; Pale Pink defines Youth and Femininity; White means Keep My Secret; Pink means Perfect Happiness; Coral states I admire your accomplishments; Leaf of a rose means You May Hope; Time has passed by for so long and today we have rose colors that our ancestors never dreamed of. One thing has never changed is that we are still using flowers to communicate our love, devotion and respect for someone special. I know I sure am.....I am have helped something from going sour just by the flowers......Let us all remember this is now Rose Month....

No comments: